Tuesday, September 18, 2007

General Updates


A barrel of laughs
Originally uploaded by karijean
This is an example of the what I found in my grandparents' basement.

I'm working my way through the OOODLES and OOODLES of irreplaceable and emotionally resonant family documents. But some of them are just mysterious. Take a look. And hey--if you notice anyone you recognize from YOUR family history? Two things: (a) we might be related! and (b) let me know!

I mean, I know we come from Norwegians. But apparently we come from dour, sour, cranky Norwegians. Look at those cheery cheery faces! Now I just need to NAME them.

In other updates: not much to update on the Dr. Doogie front. I got some test results last week that may explain a lot of things. I'm not being intentionally mysterious, it's just I'm not really at a place to be all, Hey Internet, Lookit Me! about it just yet. As always, though, Andrew is 100% my rock. He's helping me work through the solution. He's worked out a System. With a timetable. And alarms.

I will say, though, this is apparently the year when EVERYONE I WORK WITH is getting knocked up. I was in the lunch line with another teacher (that I work with but isn't exactly my BFF) who was all, "Hmmm, should I get milk for my heartburn?" pause pause expectant pause "Oh, maybe you don't know. I just found out that I'm pregnant."

I mean, really? Literally, this woman was, oh, seven weeks pregnant. (Scary that I know this? Yes.) And I understand when it's at the top of your mind and you feel you want to tell everyone in the world, I've been there. But you need to tell me so bad you tell me in the lunch line? I had already picked up the subtle hint about the heartburn.

Weirdo.

So school is running merrily apace. I was hoping for funny stories, but the past two weeks have been spent trying to get back up to speed, because I not only had to miss a week for my grandfather's services, but then I had to miss another day for the doctor's appointments. But I'm caught up now, so yay. Funny stories for another day.

In the meantime--can anyone ID my relatives? Thanks.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

We have photos of the unknown big ear boys. My grandma denies that we're related to these people, and I can only hope she's right. Imagine a line up of young men, stairstep in height. Each of these blond boys has the most ginormous ears sticking out from the sides of his head. I about died laughing when I saw it the first time.

Now, my great-grandfather was a commercial photographer, so it's possible that these boys were a commission. But why did he keep the photos in the first place?

Good luck on your quest. It's fascinating to dig through the past.